ADVENT: Christmas Symbols – Santa
Joanne led this advent bible study a few days ago as follows:
- Bible Reading: Matthew 2:1-11
- Music video: Rend Collective – Joy to the world: As people watched the video – they were to think about the symbols of christmas seen and share at the end.
4. Activity: What Christmas symbols did you see?
5. Read some of article about Santa: http://www.celebratingholidays.com/?page_id=1582
6. Video Clip: Arthur Christmas:
7. Discussion: What do we think of Christians celebrating/ using Santa Claus?
8. Conclusion: Santa is good and Santa is bad! If we think Santa is good it’s because we find mystery and magic in Christmas and we appreciate that Santa has historical roots from a real person called St Nicolas – It’s great on Arther Christmas that at the start there is a gallery of photos of Santa through the generations and starts with St Nicolas. We also love the idea of a generous person who is in charge and there is a message of Christmas in this somewhere. On the other hand, we can feel that Santa is not good, then that’s because he’s been commercialised and has become a distraction to Jesus. Also, the moral based record keeping – the naughty list is not biblical and therefore not very Christmasy!
9. Christmas Song: Chris Tomlin/ Lauren Daigle – Noel:
It’s thirsty work making stuff for the Berry Bunch Ministry. Do you want to Buy Me A Coffee?
Follow Us online:
Visit our Website – www.berrybunch.family
Like us on Facebook – www.facebook.com/berrybunchfamily
Join us on DingDash – https://dingdash.com/@berrybunchfamily
Follow us on Instagram – www.instagram.com/berrybunchfamilyfive/
Watch Us Online
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel – www.berrybunch.family/youtube/
Listen to us Online
Apple iTunes – https://tinyurl.com/spt6kx4a
Spotify – https://tinyurl.com/3vppr3u2
Amazon Music – https://tinyurl.com/2na67d6s
Google Podcasts – https://tinyurl.com/yj94v7yw
Deezer – https://www.deezer.com/en/show/2769632
Stitcher – https://www.stitcher.com/show/berrybunchfamily
RSS Feed – https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/1808944.rss