Be Holy as I am Holy – Family Bible Study
On 11th August, it was my turn to prepare a Family Bible Study. We planned a trip that day to Danebury Hillfort near Andover and I thought it would be good to conduct our bible study whilst out on our trip. At the end of our walk and lunch, we sat in the car and did the following:
1. Open in prayer.
2. Read Romans 7:7-25 – focusing on 14-20
3. Reflected on the last 2 weeks of rest & recovery.
4. Read Psalm 139: 23/24
5. Highlighted process of removing of items from our home – Spiritual MOT.
6. Flee from evil/ Run the race – looked at various scriptures Hebrews 12:1-3 is about running the race. James tells us the Devil will flee, Psalm 139:7 tells us we can’t flee God and we are told in 1 Corinthians 10:12-17 to flee from idolatry and that with every temptation God will provide us with a way out.
7. Be Holy as I am Holy – 1 Peter 1:16, Leviticus 20:7
8. List of things you want to accomplish. Pray for list regularly.
9. Plan was to listen to God but not so easy in the back of the car, so left that for another time!
10. End in prayer.
It was good to be out in the countryside to do our bible study, but not such a private spot in the car park! A good experience, though.
Written by Jo Jo