Like many churches across the country, there was no Children's Church at our church this August. I attended one service with all three boys and decided to stay at home with Peter who is now 7 the following week. This is a rough outline of the service Peter and I had together:
Played Chris Tomlin - I will follow:
1. Opening prayer
2. Ezra - talked about Ezra and his dangerous journey to Jerusalem.
3. Watched short Ezra video - I found out later that this was the same video the church watched!:
4. Read Ezra 7:8-20 - more discussion on Ezra and these verses of scripture.
5. Watched and worshipped to Chris Tomlin video - Our God:
6. Focus on Ezra 7 verse 10: For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the Lord, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel.
7. Watched and worshipped to How Great is our God:
8. Read Psalm 139 and used last two verses as a prayer:
Search me, God, and know my heart; teat me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.
Listened to the Holy Spirit for 10 minutes.
9. Stood and worshipped to more recent Chris Tomlin video - How Great is our God:
10. Finished by putting Chris Tomlin - Home - on in the background:
Written by Berry Bunch Jo