Family Focus, Between a Rock and a Hard Place!
Jo created and led this bible study for family devotions on Saturday 21st November 2020:
- Two idioms: From the frying pan to the fire & between a rock and a hard place
- Meaning of Frying pan to fire – from one situation to a worse situation
- The personal journey as a family from the last situation to the current one described using the frying pan/ fire idiom.
- Example from the bible: Jacob runs from Esau to Laban.
- Jo shared snippets from the following sermon to illustrate idiom:
- Jo gave personal example when changing from one career to another.
- Introduced the second idiom as what the family were experiencing today.
A Rock & Hard Place
- Introduced second idiom & meaning – stuck between two equally difficult decisions/ courses of action.
- Jo read out the following post:
- Where are you stuck between a rock & a hard place?
- What do we need to change about ourselves to move forward?
- What do we need to ditch/let go of to move on?
Follow Us online:
Visit our Website – www.berrybunch.family
Like us on Facebook – www.facebook.com/berrybunchfamily
Join us on DingDash – https://dingdash.com/@berrybunchfamily
Follow us on Instagram – www.instagram.com/berrybunchfamilyfive/
Watch Us Online
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel – www.berrybunch.family/youtube/
Listen to us Online
Apple iTunes – https://tinyurl.com/spt6kx4a
Spotify – https://tinyurl.com/3vppr3u2
Amazon Music – https://tinyurl.com/2na67d6s
Google Podcasts – https://tinyurl.com/yj94v7yw
Deezer – https://www.deezer.com/en/show/2769632
Stitcher – https://www.stitcher.com/show/berrybunchfamily
RSS Feed – https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/1808944.rss