Family Focus, Between a Rock and a Hard Place!
Jo created and led this bible study for family devotions on Saturday 21st November 2020:
- Two idioms: From the frying pan to the fire & between a rock and a hard place
- Meaning of Frying pan to fire – from one situation to a worse situation
- The personal journey as a family from the last situation to the current one described using the frying pan/ fire idiom.
- Example from the bible: Jacob runs from Esau to Laban.
- Jo shared snippets from the following sermon to illustrate idiom:
- Jo gave personal example when changing from one career to another.
- Introduced the second idiom as what the family were experiencing today.
A Rock & Hard Place
- Introduced second idiom & meaning – stuck between two equally difficult decisions/ courses of action.
- Jo read out the following post:
- Where are you stuck between a rock & a hard place?
- What do we need to change about ourselves to move forward?
- What do we need to ditch/let go of to move on?
If you’re following us on Social Media, make sure you don’t miss out, by signing up to the BerryBunch Monthly Newsletter.
We love what we do, and hope you do too! If you’re enjoying our free resources, Buy Me A Coffee to help sustain this work.