Family Focus – Genesis 34 & Mark 4 – Revenge & Justice
Jo led this bible study on Saturday 2nd February 2019:
- Review Genesis 34
- In context – Genesis 31:1-3 – Direction from God
- In context Genesis 33 – Didn’t go with Esau, didn’t accept protection, instead of going to land of birth to where Esau went – went to Shechem. Told Esau he was going Seir, but went to Succoth
Read Genesis 34
- Have you ever wanted to exact revenge?
- Have you ever carried out revenge?
- What circumstances would make you want to be revengeful?
Simeon & Levi
- Lied, stole & murdered
- Desire for justice was right, but went the wrong way about it.
- Genesis 49:5-7, Jacob, their father cursed them for their sin.
- Generations later, their descendants lost their part of the promised land
Deuteronomy 32:35 & Romans 12:17-19
How do we leave revenge to God?
Matthew 6:15 & Matthew 18:22-35
Do you know what Jesus means in Mark 4:12?
If you’re following us on Social Media, make sure you don’t miss out, by signing up to the BerryBunch Monthly Newsletter.
We love what we do, and hope you do too! If you’re enjoying our free resources, Buy Me A Coffee to help sustain this work.