Family Focus – Genesis 34 & Mark 4 – Revenge & Justice
Jo led this bible study on Saturday 2nd February 2019:
- Review Genesis 34
- In context – Genesis 31:1-3 – Direction from God
- In context Genesis 33 – Didn’t go with Esau, didn’t accept protection, instead of going to land of birth to where Esau went – went to Shechem. Told Esau he was going Seir, but went to Succoth
Read Genesis 34
- Have you ever wanted to exact revenge?
- Have you ever carried out revenge?
- What circumstances would make you want to be revengeful?
Simeon & Levi
- Lied, stole & murdered
- Desire for justice was right, but went the wrong way about it.
- Genesis 49:5-7, Jacob, their father cursed them for their sin.
- Generations later, their descendants lost their part of the promised land
Deuteronomy 32:35 & Romans 12:17-19
How do we leave revenge to God?
Matthew 6:15 & Matthew 18:22-35
Do you know what Jesus means in Mark 4:12?
Written by Jo Jo