Family Focus – Genesis 46 & Mark 16 – Emotions Part 3
Jo led this bible study on Wednesday 13th February 2019 as part of a series on emotions:
Introduction: What we’ve learnt so far about emotion
- Guide/ help/ gift from God
- Jesus – fully human/ fully God – had emotions
- God has emotions – wrath/ pleased/ regret
- Holy Spirit – we can grief Him – Ephesians 4:30; ‘And do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live’
- Need to acknowledge emotions to self/God and as appropriate others
- Go through Neil Anderson’s blog on indiscriminate expression: http://www.ficm.org.uk/daily-devotional/036
- Go through Neil Anderson’s blog on suppressing emotions: http://www.ficm.org.uk/daily-devotional/034
- Go through Neil Anderson’s acknowledging emotions:
- Thoughts/ feelings/actions
- Ephesians 4: 25-27:
‘So, stop telling lies. Let us tell our neighbours the truth, for we are all parts of the same body. And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil.
- 2 Corinthians 10:5:
‘We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
- 1 Peter 5:7:
‘Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.’
- Thought/ Feeling/ Behaviour or Action Triangle
- Looking at emotions in scriptures today
- And then we will look at what we learnt from Inside Out film
Bible Reading from Bible Experience CD: Genesis 46
- What are the emotions expressed? / What are the reasons for the emotions?
- How are the emotions handled?
Bible Reading: Mark 16
- Take each section – what emotions are expressed by people?
- How do you feel?
Review film ‘Inside Out’ – What did we learn about emotions?
What measured up to scripture/ What didn’t measure up to scripture
What were the good responses to emotions? /What were the bad responses to emotions/ incidents?
Uploaded on Friday 15th February 2019
If you’re following us on Social Media, there’s every chance you might miss out on some of our output. So, to make sure you never miss out on anything, just sign up to our BerryBunch Monthly Newsletter.
It’s thirsty work making stuff for the Berry Bunch Ministry. Do you want to Buy Me A Coffee?
Follow Us online:
Visit our Website – www.berrybunch.family
Like us on Facebook – www.facebook.com/berrybunchfamily
Join us on DingDash – https://dingdash.com/@berrybunchfamily
Follow us on Instagram – www.instagram.com/berrybunchfamilyfive/
Watch Us Online
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel – www.berrybunch.family/youtube/
Listen to us Online
Apple iTunes – https://tinyurl.com/spt6kx4a
Spotify – https://tinyurl.com/3vppr3u2
Amazon Music – https://tinyurl.com/2na67d6s
Google Podcasts – https://tinyurl.com/yj94v7yw
Deezer – https://www.deezer.com/en/show/2769632
Stitcher – https://www.stitcher.com/show/berrybunchfamily
RSS Feed – https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/1808944.rss