Jo led this bible study on Monday 7th January 2019:
Song: Oceans (Where Feet may Fail) Hillsong UNITED
- Introduce Stones in basket
- Each person chooses one
- Each stone relates to:
- Judging others
- The Golden Rule
- Way to Heaven
- False Prophets
- We will cover the last stone with a video at the end
Bible Reading: Matthew 7
Discussion: Each person takes in turns on gem chosen
Video: The Wise man built his house upon the rock (Sandcastles Kingdoms)
Check in/ Thoughts: From Video
Bible Reading: Genesis 7
Noah as a type of Christ:
- Noah was a type of Christ in that he served as a sort of “second Adam;”
- Just as God had given Adam creation mandates to be fruitful and multiply so He gave Noah re-creation mandates. And both Noah & Adam were given instructions about food.
- Noah’s name meant “rest.” His father named him.
- Noah only brought rest in a typical sense when he walked off the Ark with his family to inhabit a typical new creation.
- But Christ, the greater Noah, gives rest to the souls of men and women (Matt. 11:25-30). Christ alone has secured the new creation through His death and resurrection.
- The Lord preserved mankind after the flood in order to fulfil His promise In Genesis 3:15 to send the “seed” of the woman to crush the head of the Serpent. He also preserved Noah on the Ark because the Redeemer was in his loins–so to speak (Luke 3:23, 35-37).
- Though the flood had been a judgment on the wickedness of the fallen world, it could never take that wickedness out of the hearts of men, only the saving work of Christ could do so.
- In short, the humanity of Christ was in the Ark in the line of Noah.
Question: Any thoughts on Genesis 7 – The Flood?
Jo uploaded this on Friday 8th February 2019
Written by Jo Jo